Canadian Union of Postal Workers (CUPW) hosted a panel discussion during the Convention of the Canadian Labour Congress. The panelists discussed their experiences working with various solidarity coalitions and the need for a national solidarity network that can bridge the divide between labour and social movements. How could a solidarity coalition be used to build support for struggles for social, environmental and economic justice?
Moderated by Mike Palecek – National President, Canadian Union of Postal Workers. Presentations by:
- Suzanne MacNeil - President, Halifax-Dartmouth & District Labour Council, Solidarity Halifax
- Bilan Arte - Leap Manifesto
- Patti Dalton - President, London & District Labour Council, London Common Front
- Paul Finch - Secretary-Treasurer, BC Government and Service Employees’ Union, Operation Solidarity
This forum follows two calls by CUPW for the formation of a national Solidarity Coalition:
- Why our postal struggle shows the need for a cross-country solidarity
- Bill C-27 shows the need for a Solidarity Coalition
This article originally appeared on SocialistProject.ca.